Water mattress, waterbed or flotation mattress is a bed or mattress filled with water. This type of bed is intended for medical therapies, and are recommended for general muscle relaxation. This kind of mattress gives you a sense of comfort and upgrades your sleeping experience.
Types of waterbed
- Free flow mattress: Also known as a full wave mattress. It contains only water but no baffles or inserts.
- Waveless (semi) mattress: Contains a few fiber inserts and/or baffles to control the water motion and increase support.
- Waveless type: Contains many layers of fiber inserts and/or baffles to control the water motion and increase support. Usually, the better mattresses contain additional layers in the center third of the mattress called special lumbar support
Things to Consider Before Buying a Water Bed
Water mattresses are delicate to buy. As a result of the limited options available in the market, it is very essential to pick the right one. The most expensive ones might not necessarily be the perfect one. It is important to consider some basic factors when buying a water mattress. These factors help you streamline your options the more and pick the best mattress for you. Some of these factors include:
Talk to people who own waterbeds: You can talk to people who you know have used or is using waterbeds. if you can’t get that, you can also find reviews and ask question online. You can also check out waterbed stores around you to get better knowledge of the mattress.
Selecting ideal level of firmness: this is the most essential aspect of choosing a water bed, Finding the right level of movement. Waterbed is apart from a normal traditional bed Because of the wave effects. Determine the number of fiber layers, remember the more the layers the more the support. In selecting the degree of firmness, you should also try both hard and soft sided waterbeds.
Establish adequate space for your waterbed: You can do this by measuring your room and bedframe. Make sure there is enough space for your bed.
Check the Durability: Upon getting to a Water bed outlet, check for the durability of anyone you want to buy. How long can it last? Within which year to which year can it last? Will it last for 10 years or more, or even less? You should check out for all these
Reinforced Corners: Most manufactures use layers of reinforcing at the four corners because the corners get pulled every time you change linens.
Water Bed Price in Nigeria
In Nigeria, water beds are not the most sought after kind of mattresses but they are beginning to create their own market. They are available in different types, sizes, designs and shapes. Here is a list of waterbed prices in Nigeria.
- Ocean Sleep Water Bed ₦40,000 to ₦57,000
- Water Mattress ₦45,000 to ₦52,500
- Medical Inflatable Water Bed ₦60,000 to ₦66,200
- Inflatable Floating Row Pool Water Bed ₦13,000 to ₦15,700
- Flamingo Inflatable Boat Float Swimming Ring ₦28,000 to ₦31,000
- Swimming Inflatable Floating Bed Hammock Water ₦11,000 to ₦13,300
- Wavelike Transparent Floating Row water Mattress ₦15,000 to ₦20,000Folding Hammock
- Water Floating Bed ₦5,500 to ₦7,100
- Bedsore Medical Water Bed ₦53,000 to ₦67,500