An orthopedic mattress also known as hospital bed is a firm mattress designed to support the overall body, the muscles, back, bones and joints. This makes the orthopedic mattress suitable for people suffering from back pains and aches, osteoporosis, arthritis and other similar conditions
A good orthopedic mattress boosts the quality of one sleep by equally distributing pressure through the body and hence, aiding better circulation. It also lessens ones movement during sleep and tends to enhance a calm sleep. It promotes ones physical state and general wellbeing thereby ensuring sleeping better.
The demand for orthopedic mattresses has drastically increased as lots of people have been complaining about persistent back and neck pains. Although some of these pains are as a result of everyday routines or stress, they have their greatest effect at night when one tries to sleep. The introduction of orthopedic mattresses in Nigeria has been greatly embraced as the mattress has been recommended by medical practitioners.
Benefit of Orthopedic mattress
It conform to the patterns of your body, giving optimal support to all its pressure points. This reduces the potential of pain build ups
It prevents your body from sinking and curling when you are sleeping, and promotes a better posture. There are endless benefits to improving your posture. Some of the benefits include reduced stress and strain on your spine, as well as increased energy levels during the day
It provides increased comfort and support for those suffering with back aches and pains, arthritis, and joint problems. It has additional support which helps improve the posture during sleep, reducing the odds of the discomforts of pains and aches waking you up.
This mattress is a solid support mattress, so it won’t bounce like a pocket sprung mattress, or sink like a memory foam mattress. This means that when one sleeper moves at one side of the bed, it won’t cause a ripple disturbing the other sleeper.
They are usually more expensive than other mattresses, initially. But, in the long run, you will find that their durability extends years longer than any other type of mattress, and stay in almost perfect condition for far longer.
Orthopedic Mattress Price in Nigeria
This type of mattress come in different sizes, designs and materials. In Nigeria, there are only few brands that manufacture orthopedic mattress. Let us consider the prices of the various brands and types available in the market today. They are:
- Vita Galaxy Orthopedic Mattress = N90,000 – N100,000
- Regal (Mouka) Orthopedic Mattress = N75,000 – N80,000
- Semi Orthopedic Mattress (Mouka) = N55,000 – N70,000
- Detachable Orthopedic Mattress (Bededoc) = N199,000 – N230,000
- ZR 6ft x 6ft x 8 Orthopedic Mattress = N150,000 – N160,000
- Vita 7ft x 7ft x 8 Orthopedic Mattress = N160,000 – N180,000
- Vita Semi 6ft x 6ft Orthopedic Mattress = N110,000 – N115,000
- ZR 5ft x7ft x 8 Orthopedic Mattress = N109,000 – N120,000
- Sarafoam Orthopedic Mattress 6ft x 6ft = N110,000 – N120,000
- Regal Orthopedic Mattress 6ft x 7ft x 10in = N195,000 – N210,000
- Semi Orthopedic Mattress 6 x 7 x 10in = N125,000 – N150,000
- Regal Orthopedic Mattress 6ft x 3.5ft x 8in = N85,000 – N95,000
- Semi Orthopedic Mattress 6 x 6 x10in = N110,000 – N120,000
- Semi Orthopedic Mattress 6 x 7 x 8in = N120,000 – N125,000
- Mouka Orthopedic 6 x 6 x 8in = N95,000 – N110,000
- Regina Semi Orthopedic Mattress 7 x 7 x 10″ = N130,000 – N140,000