Elemax generator are one generator brand that must make the list when we try to talk about generators in Nigeria. They are a Japanese company but they make one of the best generators around.
From portable petrol generators to standard-size petrol generators and heavy-duty diesel generators, there’s a suitable Elemax product for every Nigerian home or company that is looking for a reliable alternative source of energy.
Elemax also has a series of specialized power generators to their credit. These include the inverter diesel generators and the gasoline welder generators.
Because Nigeria is one of the countries with the biggest power challenges in the world, it’s no surprise that the Nigerian market abounds with various brands of power generators — good-quality, bad-quality, original, and substandard.
But the truth is, top-quality products always have their way of leading any market. And that explains why Elemax is one of the most trusted brands of generators in Nigeria.
Here, we’ll be looking at the current prices of Elemax generators in Nigeria as well as the various types available and their respective specs and capacities.
Elemax Generators Prices in Nigeria
Below are the prices of elemax generator in Nigeria:
|Elemax SV2800S 2.3kVA||N175,000 – N180,000|
|Elemax SH5300EX 4.8kVA (key)||N535,000 – N580,000|
|Elemax SH11000 10kVA (key)||N1,350,000 – N1,550,000|
|Elemax SH3200 2.6kVA (manual)||N221,000 – N270,000|
|Elemax SH3900EX 3.3kVA||N258,500 – N285,000|
|Elemax SH7600EX 6.5kVA||N500,000 – N620,000|
|Elemax SH15D Diesel||N2,800,000 – N3,000,000|
|Elemax SH3800DX||N50,000 – N58,000|
Elemax Generators in Nigeria: How to Spot Original or Fake
To start with, bear in mind that original Elemax generators are made in Japan. It’s clearly stated on the manufacturer’s website that all the brand’s products are made in Japan and that the company has no overseas factories that assemble their products for them.
What this means is that if you find any Elemax generator that is not made in Japan, then you just spotted a fake!
Another easy way to spot a fake Elemax generator is that the name or brand number on it is not written exactly in the same way as it’s written on the genuine equivalent. So, the name “Elemax” might be changed to “Elemaxx” or “Elamax”. Similarly, the model number might be changed from something like “SV3300S” to something like “SV3300D”. So, please beware!
Also, note that the name of the manufacturer of Elemax generators is “Sawafuji Electric Co.”, and their products use the same engine and some other components as Honda generators. So, you’re likely to see “Sawafuji” and “Honda” written somewhere on the body of an original Elemax generator.
Elemax Generators Brand : Models, Reviews and Specs
The following are the series of Elemax generators available in the market. Note, however, that some of them might not be available in Nigeria or made for the Nigerian market.
Value Series (Petrol): 2.0kVa – 5.5kVa
- Comprises SV2800/SV2800S, SV3300/SV3300S, SV6500/SV6500S
- Lightweight XV alternator
- Electric key starter
- Can run continuously for 12-15 hours on a full tank
- Comes with a new design with V-frame
- Control panel and starter system on the same side for easier operation
EX Series (Petrol): 2.2kVA – 7.6kVA
- Comprises SH3200EX, SH3900EX, SH4600EX, SH5300EX, SH6500EX, SH7600EX
- Elemax automatic voltage regulator (AVR) eliminates voltage fluctuations
- Honda 4-stroke OHV engine with 30% less fuel consumption
- 28 litres fuel tank capacity
- Improved frame design and new-design control panel
- Can last for 7.2 to 12 hours on a full tank
SHX Series (Petrol): 900W – 1900W — The portable series
- Comprises SHX1000 and SHX2000
- Space saving due to portability
- Multi-pole alternator plus high-speed engine
- Lightweight (SHX1000 weighs 13.6kg and SHX2000 weighs 21kg)
- Use Honda 4-stroke engine
- Low sound level
- 7 litres fuel tank capacity
Heavy Duty Generators (Petrol): 8.5kVA – 22kVA
- Comprise SH11000, SHT11500, SH13000, SHT15000,
- Powerful OHV Honda engine
- Easy to operate control panel
- Automatic voltage regulator
- 4 wheels for easy movement
Heavy Duty Generators (Diesel): 8.5kVA – 22kVA
- Comprise SH15D, SHT15D, SHT17D, SH20D, SHT25D
- Powerful Kubota water-cooled engine
- Compact and lightweight
- Large capacity fuel tank (53 litres for SH15D, SHT15D, SHT17D; 72 litres for SH20D, SHT25D)
- Low noise and vibration
- Automatic voltage regulator
- Advanced brushless alternator
- Automatic air bleeding feature remove air from the fuel line
- Automatic emergency safety system protects the engine by shutting it down when oil pressure is low or coolant temperature is high
Other Elemax Series
- Standard Series (Petrol): 1.3kVA – 6.0kVA
- Welder Generators
- Inverter Generators: 7.5kVA – 10.2kVA
- Sound Proof Generators: 6.0kVA – 8.8kVA
Elemax Generators Advantages
- Provided you’ve bought a genuine Elemax generator in Nigeria, you’re sure to enjoy these benefits:
- Durable, long-lasting components
- Low fuel consumption
- Ease of operation and maintenance
- Nice designs
- Readily available spare parts
Note that Elemax generators are not the cheapest in the market. They are more expensive than most other brands, but they are worth more than their prices.