One of the most common multi functional household staples is vinegar and the most popular type found in today’s natural health community is the apple cider vinegar. The apple cider vinegar is among the very best because of its benefits which is evident in its continuous use for household and health care purposes.
In Nigeria, there are various brands of apple cider vinegar but one thing to consider before making a purchase is apple cider vinegar price in Nigeria. Today’s post will focus on apple cider vinegar price in Nigeria based on the brand type and ecommerce site, also I will share a few benefits and simple DIYs on how it can be used.
Apple Cider Vinegar Price In Nigeria
- Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (946ml) unfiltered is 5700
- Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (473ml) unfiltered is 4700
- Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar Organic (946ml) With The Mother Honey (340g) is 7500
- Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar Organic ( 473ml) with Rowse Honey (340g) is 5500
- Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar (473ml) is 1700
- Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar (946ml) is 2350
- White House Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (946ml) is 7000
- American Garden Apple Cider Vinegar (473ml) is 3000
This list shows apple cider vinegar prices in Nigeria on jumia and Konga site based on the ongoing discount rates. Also note that additional content affects the price of apple cider vinegar in Nigeria. For instance, a bottle of apple cider vinegar with Honey is more expensive than an ordinary bottle of apple cider vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
Before showing you DIYs on how to use the apple cider vinegar, I will love to discuss the health benefits of apple cider vinegar as it is used in most homes as a remedy for sore throats and other minor infections. The benefits includes:
RICH IN NUTRIENTS
The process involved in making Apple cider vinegar by fermenting the sugar from apples before turning them into acetic acid, which is a main active ingredient may be responsible for its health benefits.it offers a small amount of potassium and some good quality brands also contain some amino acids and antioxidants.
KILLS HARMFUL BACTERIA
Apple cider vinegar is used for cleaning and disinfecting, treating nail fungus, lice, warts, and ear infections because its acetic acid can kill pathogens including bacteria and prevents them from multiplying. It is also a natural way to preserve food. Studies shows that it inhibits bacteria like E. coli from growing in and spoiling food
AID WEIGHT LOSS
Studies show that vinegar can surge satiety which aids consumption of fewer calories and weight loss.A study of 175 people with obesity showed that daily apple cider vinegar consumption led to reduced belly fat and weight loss, It was noticed that taking 1 tablespoon (12 mL) led to a loss of 2.6 pounds (1.2 kg) and taking 2 tablespoons (30 mL) led to a loss of 3.7 pounds (1.7 kg). Apple cider vinegar lowers blood sugar, and reduces insulin levels because it only contains three calories per tablespoon,which is very low.
HELPS WITH INDIGESTION
Apple cider vinegar has proven to help with heartburn and cases of indigestion like constipation and diarrhoea. This can be done by mixing a quantity in your meal or when you dilute it with water.
HELPS LOWER BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS
Study shows that apple cider vinegar may improve insulin sensitivity by 19–34% during a high carb meal and significantly lower blood sugar and insulin response, It is equally known to help with type 2 diabetes. Although the most effective way to reduce this is to stay away from meals that are high in carbs and sugar, Apple cider vinegar has shown great promise in improving insulin sensitivity and helping lower blood sugar responses after meals.
Apart from its health benefits, Apple cider vinegar comes in handy for certain DIYs at home like removing tough stains and washing your hair. As promised, here is a simple guide on how to get an oil stain off a document using apple cider vinegar:
Apple Cider Vinegar Uses
You can use the apple cider solution for the following uses:
Create a cleaning solution with water and vinegar
- Mix vinegar and water in a bowl.
- Lay out the affected piece of paper on a hard, waterproof surface.
- Ensure it is flat and stable.
- Moisten a cotton ball or swab with the cleaning solution and clean the spot.
- Dab the oil stain with the moistened cotton ball or swab.
- Be careful not to use too much of the cleaning solution so you don’t damage the document
- When the oil spot looks like it is getting too wet, dab it dry with a paper towel and let it air dry so that you don’t create a hole in the paper.
- Keep dabbing to let the vinegar soak in, until the stain appears to be lifted.
Unclogging your Blocked Drain
- Add ½ cup of baking soda to your drain, followed by 1 or 2 cups of apple cider vinegar
- This will cause the solution to froth in your sinkhole and might overflow
- Leave it to work in your drain
- Wash away with some water
Washing Your Hair With Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with water.
- Add a few drops of essential oils to the mixture to drown out the acidic smell
- After shampooing and conditioning, pour the mixture over your hair
- Gently and evenly massage to your scalp
- Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse it out.
In summary, apple cider vinegar has lots of benefits and has proven to be effective in health care and household usage. Thankfully apple cider vinegar price in Nigeria is relatively affordable and fast becoming a common feature in every Nigeria household.