Air bed also known as inflatable beds are generally regarded as one of the best forms of bed for relaxing, stretching the muscles and calming the nerves, especially outdoor. They are also a great companion in camping, hunting games, leisure time at the beaches, and so on. Air beds are usually easy to maintain, although, they are a very delicate kind of mattress that must be treated with absolute care.
They are also known as inflatable beds, as they function only when they are inflated with air. An electrical pump, battery operated pump or manual pump is used to pumped air into the bed. This type of bed are easy to deflate after use, thereby making them very comfortable. They are made of polyvinyl chloride to offer maximum comfort when you lay on it.
Features of an Air Bed
- It deflates over time after a long usage
- Weighs lighter than latex foams
- It is designed with valve support to allow air inflation and deflation
- More comfortable than other mattress categories
- It can easily be inflated or folded to another shape
- It sometimes comes with a pump on purchase
- Made of Intex corporeal
- It can be easily rendered ineffective
Factors to Consider Before Buying an Air Bed
Maintenance: Air beds, unlike other mattresses, are exquisitely fine and pleasing but susceptible to tear. Your maintenance culture should be one of the key determinant factors before going for them.
Bed Material: This is one of the most important factors to consider when selecting an air bed. Air beds are made from different materials. It is always important to consider the ones constructed of heavy duty vinyl. The material makes the mattress more resistant to puncture. There are other very good materials available. One of the best and most user-friendly materials are the PVC and synthetic rubber.
Chambers of the Bed: When buying an air bed, it is always necessary to consider the number of chambers the mattress features. Most of the air beds feature separate air chambers for each person. Some of the newly designed air beds feature three chambers while some others feature two chambers. A vital contemplation for buying an air mattress is that couples can share the same bed comfortably, especially if each side has its own independent adjustability control. It is not a wise idea to buy an air mattress with all of the comfort layers buried below the air chambers.
Air Bed Pump: Some air beds come with their own pumps while some will require you to get a pump on your own. Some of the inflated air beds also have their own inbuilt pump. It is often favorable to obtain air beds that come with their own pumps for convenience, ease of use and the surety that the pump is the exact match of the air bed.
In Nigeria, air beds are not the most popular kind of bed but they are gradually making waves in the market. Due to the relaxation and flexibility they offer, the demand for the beds are increasing by the day. They come in different types, shapes, sizes and designs.
Air Bed Price in Nigeria
Here are the prices of various types of air beds in Nigeria.
- Inflatable Airbed with Pump ₦9,500 to ₦13,000
- Intex Comfort plus Elevated Dura-Beam Air Bed ₦29,000 to ₦36,000
- Inflatable Mattress Air Bed with Pump ₦7,000 to ₦11,000
- Intex Inflatable Air Bed ₦9,000 to ₦12,000
- Twin Size Classic Downy Inflatable ₦9,000 to ₦14,000
- Pillow Rest Air Mattress ₦11,000 to ₦17,000
- Single Size Classic Downy Air Bed ₦7,500
- Air Bed Chair Double Pull-Out Sofa ₦26,000 to ₦31,500
- Classic Queen Sized Inflatable Air Bed ₦11,000
- Twin Sized Classic Downy Inflatable ₦9,000
- Queen Intex Premaire Dream Support ₦48,000 to ₦52,700
- Inflatable King Size Air Bed ₦20,000
- Intex Mini Air Bed ₦6,000 to ₦9,000
- Headboard Air Bed ₦80,500 to ₦90,000
- Queen Size Supreme Air-Flow Air Bed ₦19,000
- Wide Double Queen Size Air Bed ₦13,000 to ₦17,000
- Single Airlock Air Bed ₦10,000
- Trespass Air Bed ₦25,000 to ₦30,000
- Cozy Kids Inflatable Air Bed ₦16,000 to ₦24,000
- Bestway Comfort Quest Elevated Electric Airbed ₦26,500 to ₦30,000